Translate

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Staring out into the audience

For any of you who have appeared on stage as I have, you know what's it's like to try to see the audience - you literally can't see anyone because of the stage lighting and the darkened house. That's why actors will ask for the house lights to be turned on, so they can see the audience.

In blogging, one is "on stage", in a manner of speaking, but there are no house lights. The only way that I can "see" who's out there is for you to post a comment. I've chosen to moderate any comments, which means that I have to see them first and then release them to be posted. There are obvious reasons for taking that precaution, but I encourage you to use the comment function to let me know that you're out there. If you don't want your comment posted just say so and I'll make sure it doesn't go up on the blog. Another way is to go to any of my Web sites - http://www.themilfordteam.com/ or http://www.mihomebuyer.com/ or http://www.movetomilford.com/ and send me an email (send it to the Webmaster, which is me on all three sites). I'd just appreciate knowing that you're out there. I've heard from several fellow Realtors in the area that read my blog and say that they enjoy it. It helps to keep the effort going to hear from you.

So, this would make two postings in a row that were more about me than about real estate in the Milford area if I don't put in something about real estate. So, let me just comment briefly on showing feedback. Sellers are always interested (sometimes desperate) to hear what people who came through their home thought. Unfortunately, not all agents are conscientious enough to provide feedback. In my company's case, we send out an email to the agent each time a showing is scheduled. You would think that would be enough, since it allows the agent to respond in their own time and without having to talk to the listing agent. But, No! Many agents these days just ignore those emails. In fact, they also ignore voice mails message after voicemail message asking for feedback. Only if you happen to catch them by having them answer their cell phone can you hope to get anything from these slackers, and then you can tell that they feel put out.

I have zero respect for these lazy louts. They know how important it is to be able to report something back to the home sellers. They just don't care. They don't care about the sellers. They don't care about their fellow agents. They don't care about anything but themselves and that makes them big time losers. Eventually that "don't care" attitude will permeate everything that they do and they will turn off buyers and well as sellers and their fellow agents. Their lame excuses about being too busy to get back to the listing agent don't hold any water in the current market. They are just lazy and inconsiderate. So there you have a real estate rant to go along with my earlier computer problems rant.

No comments: