Translate

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas from my family to yours...


I live in an old Victorian home in Milford, Michigan and the scene at our house at Christmas is not unlike the painting above (except that we had to lay off the cook, the maid and the butler this year). We decorate the place to the nines (that dates me doesn't it) and have the whole family over on Christmas Eve, after church, for dinner and present opening. We get to enjoy the grandchildren and; best of all, they get to go home with their parents. We also have my wife's sister, Jean, with us every Christmas to help us celebrate and it wouldn't be the same without here. Then my wife and I and Jean get to spend a quiet Christmas day at home, enjoying our wonderful old house and entertaining friends who drop over every year.

Here's hoping that you and yours have a great Christmas and that we all have a Happy New Year. I'm certainly looking forward to getting on to a new beginning, in the hope that this is the year that things turn around for the economy and for housing. I look forward to Blogging about my little patch of the world in 2009 and hope that you'll all continue to read and send comments.

No comments: