Translate

Monday, January 24, 2011

Expanded real estate statistics available...

If you live within the market areas that I cover and report upon there are now new statistics posted on my Web sites - www.movetomilford.com and www.themilfordteam.com

I have expanded my weekly coverage of the homes that have sold in the area to now cover nine local markets - Milford (Village and Township), Highland, White Lake, Commerce (including the Villages of Walled Lake and Wolverine Lake), South Lyon and Lyon township, Brighton (City and Township), and now West Bloomfield Township, Green Oak Township and Hartland (Village and Township).

You will be able to find weekly updates on what has sold in those markets, along with a running Year-To-Date total for each. There is also historical data going back three years for some of those markets.

I report the listed (at the time of the sale) and sold prices and calculate the percentage of listed price that the sold price represents. I also report the State Equalized Value (SEV) for each property, which represents 1/2 of the assessed value. I calculate the sold price as a multiple of the SEV to see how close to 2.00 it really comes. In addition, I show the days on market (DOM) for the house, as well as the square footage of the house and then show listed price per square foot and the sold price per square foot.

I think these statistics are of value to both sellers and buyers. Sellers can get a realistic and current look at the market in their area to help them with pricing of their own house for the market. Buyers can also get a feel for the local market before deciding upon a offer price.

So, visit either of the sites shown above and click on the Real Estate Statistics choice or the What's sold locally choice to view the latest reports. The, if you are a potential seller, give me a call and let's discuss how these statistics relate to your house and the price that you might get. If you're a buyer just starting on your quest for a new home, use these statistics to show you where the best deals might be, then call me and I'll set up a an automated search for you in those areas and show you the homes that you think you'd like to see.

No comments: