Translate

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Getting good at failing better…

“Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” (Samuel Beckett) from my favorite blog – Jack’s Winning Words

The current economic environment and the real estate business in general is certainly giving me the chance to fail again and again. Hopefully I’m failing better each time. Each new failure at winning a short sale is a learning experience. Each failed HUD bid helps me become more familiar with the process. Each time we get outbid on a foreclosure sale I learn how to better counsel my buyers. Each failed listing appointment becomes a learning moment, if reflected upon thoughtfully.

There is another old saying that “Whatever doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger.” Well I refuse to let this recession kill me, so hopefully I’ll be stronger when we come out on the other side. So I guess the lesson is Try, fail, learn and try again. That’s not a vicious circle; eventually it’s a victorious circle. Failing better in the heartland…

Jack added a nice little poem to his post today and I looked for one to add here, as an inspirational note. I guess seeing this recession through is what we all have to do right now.

SEE IT THROUGH
by Edgar Guest
When you're up against a trouble,
Meet it squarely, face to face;
Lift your chin and set your shoulders,
Plant your feet and take a brace.
When it's vain to try to dodge it,
Do the best that you can do;
You may fail, but you may conquer,
See it through!

Black may be the clouds about you
And your future may seem grim,
But don't let your nerve desert you;
Keep yourself in fighting trim.
If the worst is bound to happen,
Spite of all that you can do,
Running from it will not save you,
See it through!

Even hope may seem but futile,
When with troubles you're beset,
But remember you are facing
Just what other men have met.
You may fail, but fall still fighting;
Don't give up, whate'er you do;
Eyes front, head high to the finish.
See it through!

No comments: