Translate

Monday, September 2, 2013

Make two people happy today...


 “When someone does something good, applaud. You will make two people happy.” (Sam Goldwyn)

I’ve not been posting much to my blogs lately it seems. Perhaps I’ve been too busy or think I have been. In any event I went back and looked at a little page of sayings that I keep on my desktop, many of them from one of my favorite blog sites – Jack’s Winning Words.

I’m not sure that this saying by Sam Goldwyn came from Jack’s blog, but it looks like the kind of saying that he would post.

When you think about it, what Sam said makes a lot of sense. It’s obvious that applauding or complementing someone on having done something good will make them feel happy, People like to be complimented and feel special. Not as obvious, but just as powerful, is the good feeling that you will get about yourself from having helped that other person feel good about themself. Compliments and saying positive things to people about things that they have done can’t help but put you in a positive and upbeat frame of mind. It’s like that old saying says – it’s better to give than to receive.

So find someone to compliment today. Perhaps it is the waitress at a restaurant that you visit or a store clerk or someone else who does something in service to you or to help you. Maybe it’s just a fellow worker, who does some little thing that makes your day better. Say “thank you” or “that was nice of you” or “great job, keep up the good work.” You’ll make two people happy.

By the way, thank you for reading my blog post today. I hope it helps you have a better day.

No comments: