Translate

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Listen for the angels...


“If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. Angels whisper to you when you go for a walk.” (Raymond Inmon) from the Jack’s Winning Words blog.

I’m not sure whether it is angels whispering or just that a good walk can serve to clear ones mind and allow focus, but I do get some great ideas on the walks that I take with my dog. I don’t multi-task when I walk. No iPod or ear buds for me. I take the time to look around and see what’s happening in the neighborhood and maybe say hello to a neighbor or stop to talk.

Sometimes I’ll get so deep in thought about something that I’ll walk along, as if in a daze, and suddenly realize that I’m back home, having completed the walk and not remember how. Maybe the angels were whispering real loud on those days.

So, get out and take a walk. Let go of the iPhones and iPods and iWhatevers that tend to dominate life these days and just stroll along and enjoy nature and just being alive. You may be surprised at what wonderful ideas or thoughts pop into your head. Maybe it’s your angel whispering.

No comments: