Translate

Monday, November 5, 2012

It's all about Milford...

Whenever someone moves into a new community they have lots of questions and concerns about finding stuff and services that they might need. They also won’t know what’s going on in he community that they may wish to participate in with their families. Those are some of the things that I’ve tried to help with by creating and maintaining the MovetoMIlford.com web site.

A person new to Milford can find just about anything that I could think of within a few clicks at the Move to Milford site. Much of the content is not stuff that’s I’ve created, it exists on other web sites; but, I did go find those sites and put links to them on my site, so that you can find them. Some of the obvious things, like the calendar of Upcoming Community Events, I keep right on the opening page. Some more obscure things, like the link to a site that has all of the Township and Village ordinances, require a couple of clicks to get to (hint: the Click on Milford page has lots of those things).

I’m not a restaurant critic, but I’ve tried to keep track of all of the eateries in town, with contact information and links to their web sites, where applicable. All of the churches are listed, too. Both lists are accessible from the Click on Milford page. I also have a Recommended Local Businesses page on which I have listed businesses that I have done business with and/or businesses that are in my Huron Valley Chamber of Commerce referral group. I don’t keep businesses listed there for which I have received complaints or bad feedback. There is also always a Featured Business of the Month on the opening page with a write-up that I do about the business.

If you are new to the area and have a family, you’ll likely have questions about the schools and boundaries for the district and the schools. Answers to those questions may be found by following links from my site to sites that are about schools.

Milford is a very active community, with lots of groups sponsoring or running lots of programs. I try to keep up with all of that, but for some I have links to their schedule of events and programs. Specifically the local YMCA, the Milford Library and the Huron Valley Community Recreation and Education groups each have program schedules on the Move to Milford site. Many of the local charity groups run fund raising events throughout the year and they will always be highlights on the site, too. I generally post anything that I get information about events from these various groups that are open to the public.

Finally, of course, I am a Realtor in Milford, so there is lots of real estate information available there, too; including real estate sales statistics that are updated weekly. There are links to Community Profiles that are supplied by Oakland County; links to maps and data on the inland lakes in the area, which is supplied by the DNR; and a page full of different ways to search for a house or property. I’ve also created a reading library of articles and useful links to sites with specific information about real estate. There are also forms that you can fill out and submit to get help with either buying or selling a home.

I encourage you to explore the site, whether you are new to the area or not. I suspect that you’ll be able to find things there (or links to things) that you didn’t know existed. One final note – There are two versions of the site, one for full screen PCs and tablets and one for smartphones. The smartphone version is formatted for the smaller screen of the phone, so that you don’t have to pinch and zoom trying to read the site. The site senses the device that you are coming into it from and will automatically switch you to the smartphone version, if that is how you access the site. Try both versions. I hope that you enjoy using the site as much as I enjoy keeping it up.

No comments: