Every month the local MLS publishes statistics for the month just past. Below are the April stats that the MLS that I belong to published for April, 2015.
• All MLS sales for the month were up slightly by 1.0% from 5,143 to 5,193.
• The median sale price for All MLS sales was up 21.7% from $118,000 to $143,550.
• Average Days On-Market (DOM) for All MLS increased by 1 day, from 55 to 56 days.
• On market inventory increased since last April by approximately 6.3% from 19,862 to 21,119.
• 93.5% of the on market inventory is designated as non-foreclosures and 6.5% is designated as foreclosures. Last year, 90.3% of the on market inventory was designated as non-foreclosures and 9.7% was designated as foreclosures.
April Retrospectives - Based on All MLS Market Activity
• Over the last 10 years, April sales reached a high in 2009 at 5,956.
• Over the last 10 years, February sales reached a low 2007 at 4,064.
• This is the first April for DOM to climb (as compared to the previous April) since 2007.
• Over the last 10 years, the April DOM reached a high in 2007 at 124.
• Over the last 10 years, the April DOM reached a low in 2014 at 55.
• This is the fourth year since 2011 for the April Median Price to increase over the previous year.
• Over the last 10 years, the April Median Price has reached its highest this month at $143,550.
• Over the last 10 years, the April Median Price reached a low in 2009 at $44,625.
I also track the sales of homes priced at $20,000 or more on a weekly basis in the areas that I tend to focus upon – the ten townships/cities surrounding Milford – Milford Village and Township (combined), Commerce Two (including Walled Lake and Wolverine Lake, Wixom, Highland Township, White Lake Township, West Bloomfield Township, Lyon Township (including the City of South Lyon), Green Oak Township, Brighton Township and City (combined) and Hartland Township. Those stats are available at my web site www.movetomilford.com. Click on the “What has sold locally” choice. There is also historical data going back years for many of those locations. Enjoy.