Translate

Monday, October 4, 2010

I missed you, too.

I went to a neighborhood party over the weekend where a neighbor who also happens to be a regular reader of this blog mentioned to me that he was happy to see that I am back to more frequent blogging posts. I have to admit that I missed it (and you who read all of this), too.

I enjoy writing this blog and the others that I post to occasionally. I wrote here some months back that I was embarking on the ambitious path of a dual career. I'm still dong real estate, but I am also working for the local Xerox Agent/Reseller - The Digital Document Store - in Milford. I sell the full line of Xerox products and services locally and as far over as Macomb County. In addition the store does all manner of business printing, from business cards to big outside banners.

Starting out in any new business venture like that is always daunting. It took me months to begin to understand the product line and the acronyms and the business practices involved with this new job. I say begin advisedly, since I am still in a steep learning curve, but not as steep as before. I don't feel like I'll embarrass myself when I go out to meet clients anymore, but I still lean heavily on the owner and my fellow sale person for advice and help.

During these many months my real estate business has been putzing along somewhat on it's own; although I have devoted enough attention to it to keep it viable. The real estate market itself has been pretty slow and much of the activity (mine included) has been on foreclosures or short-sales. I recently listed two historic homes in the Village of Milford - one a short-sale place in need of attention and one a really nice, move-in ready place - both within easy walking distance to downtown Milford. I also recently listed a place down in Taylor, Michigan. How did I end up with that?

Well, I run a web site called http://www.mishortsales.net/ (you can also get there with http://www.mishortsales.com/) that is devoted to giving people facing short-sales valuable information about the process. The lady that owns the home in Taylor found me there. Visit that site or recommend it to anyone that you know is facing that potential. I don't solicit heavily there, but try to give people the information that they need to get ready for the the short-sale process

And remember that if you need to make copies of all of those short sale documents that are required, come in and see us at the Digital Document Store in Milford. We're on the corner where Commerce Rd make the turn into Milford, where the Back Yard Birds store used to be. And if you run a business and need a copier/printer, give me a call - I can help with that, too.

No comments: