Translate

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Lots to be thankful for...


As I paused this morning to think about a blog entry, it hit me that I should just take the time to recount the things that I have to be thankful for on this day of thanksgiving. I have my health and a wonderful wife and family - two kids, each with great spouses, and four happy and healthy grandchildren. I have a faith that sustains me through the tough times and rewards me in the good times. I live in a beautiful old historic home in a marvelous little village that is right out of a Norman Rockwell painting. I work in a business where I get to help people realize their dream of owning a home (or selling a house) and I can work at my own pace. I'm Webmaster for my church, for the Milford Historical Society and for two of my own real estate sites, so I have lots to keep me occupied, in addition to work - I'm seldom bored.

Sure there are things that I wish could be better - the local and state economy for one; but, all-in-all there is still more to be thankful for than things to to grouse about. Later today, I'll be stuffed with turkey and all of the fixings, courtesy this year of my daughter; and I'll have had some quality time with two of my grandchildren. What more could a grandpa want?

So, I'm very thankful on this day, and most days, for what God has given me. I hope that those who may read this blog have similar things to be thankful for and will take the time to reflect on them and perhaps say a private little prayer of thanksgiving.

No comments: