Translate

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Busy, busy, busy...

I've been busy lately, and that's a good thing. The real estate market locally has picked up considerably. I sold a couple of houses in the last 10 days, which is a very good thing. And, I have several sets of buyers with whom I am looking. I have 3-4 potential sellers mulling over getting into the market, too.

What has spurred all of this activity? Well, I'd like to think that it's my magnetic personality and the success of my great marketing campaign; however, a good deal of this increase is due to the fact that the market has heated up for the summer AND sellers have become much more understanding and accepting of the market that they face today. I still hit a few potential sellers who just can't deal yet with the losses that the market has inflicted over the last 2-3 years. Like most Realtors today, I'm choosing to pass on those "opportunities", rather than waste a lot of time and money listing yet another overpriced house.

Still, a portion of what has made me so busy lately is, in fact, the result of my marketing efforts, especially those on the Internet. I've had one that one buyer find me lately after they had "Googled" a search for "Milford Michigan". when you do that, my http://www.movetomilford.com/ comes up on the initial results page - pretty cool. If you Google Milford Realty or Milford Realtor, my http://www.themilfordteam.com/ site comes up - also very cool. So I'm getting buyer traffic off the Web, which was certainly a goal of having put the time and effort into those sites. My http://www.mihomebuyer.com/ site for first-time home buyers has yet to generate much traffic, but it will eventually.

So, I can accurately report that things are picking up locally in real estate. The summer months are always our best months, but I believe that some of the increase is just due to pent up demand matching up with the great deals that are out in the market right now. It's a great time to be a buyer. And, if you're selling or need to, now it's the best time in the last 12-15 months to get on the market. You want to be listed while the buyers are out looking. And. please, call me; I'll never be too busy to answer your call and see how I can help you sell a house or find a new home. And, if you have relatives, friends or neighbors in my little corner of southeastern Michigan who need real estate help; please refer them to me - both you and they will be glad that you did.

No comments: