Translate

Thursday, July 30, 2009

I refuse to participate in this recession...

“Refuse to accept the inevitable.” (Unknown) – from one of my favorite sources – the Jack’s Wining Words blog. It is particularly important in the midst of the worst recession that most of us have ever seen to refuse to be lulled into accepting things as they are as inevitable. That acquiescing attitude has given rise to the phrase “it is what it is”, which so many use as a way mentally shrug and accept a fate that they seem to think is inevitable.

As I’ve opined here before, I hate that phrase. I think it is what you make it, not just what it is. It is what we allow it to be for us and for others. If we don’t accept what is as the inevitable, then we have the power to change things for ourselves and for others. So, I choose not to accept the inevitable and not to accept that it is what it is. I intend to kick and scream and fight and scratch and rage against the inevitable of this recession until it is over. I know that I will not have beaten the recession, but neither will it have beaten me.

I also continue to be amazed at how many clients that I get after they have called another agent who either refused to call them back or just was too lazy to call them back.
How anyone can pretend to be a businessperson in this economy and yet refuse to call potential customer back is beyond me. I have a new client that I picked up on Saturday because she needed to look at houses in the evenings and wanted to start that day. She had called another agent who told her that she just wouldn’t work on a weekend evening. Say what! As a Realtor I accept that I’ll have to work at many times when I may rather be with family or friends, but which are the only times that my clients have available. I certainly try to hold back times for family, but I also try to make myself available when my clients needs dictate.


So, call me. I’ll call you back and I’ll work as hard as necessary to find you the perfect new home. Now is a great time to be a buyer – the choices are great and the prices are the lowest that they’ve been in decades, plus mortgage rates continue to be super. And if you want to sell, but you’ve been told that nothing is selling right now, call me. I refuse to believe that I can’t sell your house. You certainly won’t find anyone else who’ll work harder or longer to make that happen. I do not accept it to be inevitable that your house won’t sell. In fact, maybe your house is just right for one of those buyers from above.

No comments: