Translate

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Stats Charts for MIlford

I happened upon a nice site for generating charts for real estate statistics recently - Altos Research. They provide a few free charts and many paid versions for whatever ZIP codes one can supply. Below is one such chart.

Real Estate Market Chart by Altos Research www.altosresearch.com

These charts are updated whenever the underlying data changes, which is nice. I've put a few of them on my Milford Team Web site - two charts for each of the townships that I cover (for now I'm just doing the free charts).

The chart above shows the dramatic drop in inventory on the Milford market, as well as the drop in the Median Sale Price over the 2009 year. Every township has similar drops in 2009.
Below is a chart showing the Average Days on Market (how long it took to sell) for Milford, as well as something that the Altos Research People call their Median Market Action Index, i.e. how "hot" was the market, how much buyer activity. You can see that the time to sell stretched out big-time and the market activity fell off at the end of the year when the tax credit was supposed to expire. The Altos people use an index range from 0 to 100 for that Activity Index, with any reading below 30 indicating a buyers market (all of the reading on this chart are down in the teens).

Real Estate Market Chart by Altos Research www.altosresearch.com

I guess there's no real "news" coming out of these charts. I've been tracking these trends all year for all five of the townships that I cover; however, it is a nice way to visualize the data. To see the charts for all of the townships that I cover, plus Brighton, go to my Web site http://www.themilfordteam.com/ and look on the Market Statistics Page - there will be a link there to the Charts, Charts, Charts page. There are lots of other statistics and other helpful data and information there as well.

No comments: