Translate

Thursday, April 22, 2010

I've been away for a while...

Any long-time readers of this blog, and I have no idea if there are really any, have noticed that I've been away for quite a while. I haven't been posting for about a month. That's because I decided to embark on a new career away from Real estate. Actually it would be a mis-statement to really call it a new career, since I had 30+ years of IT sales prior to my last 8-9 years as a real estate salesman. I suppose it would be more accurate to say that I've returned to those roots. I've taken a job as a salesman for the local Xerox Agent - the Digital Document Store. I will be selling Xerox products and services in this area.

I intend to keep my real estate license active and to refocus primarily onto listings in real estate, rather than soliciting buyers. I will still deal with buyers, as opportunities come up,but I'll focus my active solicitation for new business in real estate on sellers. I'm also going to try to be very conscience of the level of service that I'm able to give listing clients - I'm not willing to compromise on what services that I would give a client, if I did not have another job.

So stay tuned and we'll see together how this new "dual-career" thing works out. Wearing two hats is something new for me. Since I have railed int eh past about this very topic, it would be hypocritical of me not to acknowledge now that I never thoguht that this was a good idea. We shall see if I was right then or if I'm right now to give it a try.

No comments: