Translate

Sunday, July 11, 2010

June's in the books and July start was just posted.

As long-time readers of this blog know, I track six local township markets in Oakland and Livingston Counties in Michigan on a weekly basis. There is nowhere else where you can go to see the stats that I keep on these markets, since I generate some of them from the data. The markets are the townships of Milford (plus the Village), Commerce (with the Villages of Wolverine Lake and Walled Lake), Highland, White Lake, Lyon (with the city of South Lyon) and Brighton (the Township and City).

I just finished posting the number for the first 11 days of July. I had posted only through the end of June last week, to sort of bring closure to that month. While you can view these stats from three of my sites, the main place that the4y are posted is on the Move to Milford Web site. They are under the Real Estate Statistics choice under "What's sold in the area" choice.

Another unique things about these stats is that I've been collecting them for a few years, so some of the data goes back 2-3 years, if you like to make year-to-year comparisons. I made a few changes over time to the format and even to the locations that I retained data about, but sales data for the core group is there going back to October 2007, when I began keeping track of things.

For those who are more visual and would like to see charts, I provide the charts on sold home median values and inventory, as well as a days on market and sales activity chart for each of those markets on my The Milford Team Web site, again under New Market Charts Page choice on the home page of the site. Those charts are also accessible from the Move To Milford site.

While I'm not really a data or charts fanatic; however, I do find the data and charts to be helpful when I'm trying to explain the market to potential buyers and sellers. Sellers in particular need to see the market charts and data about their market to understand why I'm recommending a particular price for their home. It's a little harder to argue for a higher price than the market will bear when you can see the data for the 100+ homes that have sold in the market for a lower price.
So, enjoy the data and the charts and give me a call if you want to discuss the market or maybe see what your home would bring on the current market.

No comments: