Translate

Friday, August 26, 2011

Getting ahead of the email from Libya…

I thought that I would post this to allow fellow Realtors to get ahead of the curve on he next big eMail fraud campaign that you can expect.

“Hello fellow Realtor. I need your help. I was a very successful Realtor in Tripoli, Libya until just recently. My major clients – the Qadafi family – were major property owners; however, an unexpected change of fortune made it necessary for them to liquidate their holdings recently. I was able to get short sale approvals pushed through rather quickly during the changes that recently overtook the country and was successful in selling over $50 Million worth of prime Tripoli properties to advancing rebel investor groups.

In the ensuing chaos of the rebellion, the Qaddafi family assets and my commission of some $5 Million dollars U.S. was frozen by The United States and other NATO countries. I am assured by the bank that my commission is safe and that it will be released to me within a few months, if I post a 10% surety bond - $500,000. U.S. .

I am hoping that you can help me with that bond. Since I had to flee the fighting in my country I have no current access to my own bank accounts in Libya, which I assure you would be sufficient to past the surety bond. I am prepared to offer a large premium for your support. I have arranged with four other Realtors in various locations around the world for loans of $100,000 each for a period not to exceed 6 months, with a payback of $200,000 at the end of that period.

As you can tell, I am a very generous man and more than willing to reward those who assist me through this unfortunate time in my life. If you can help, please let me know via return email and I will forward instructions on how to wire your funds to my transfer agent, the firm of Dewey, Cheatum and Howe, in London. Thank you for your support.”





No comments: