Translate

Friday, March 6, 2009

Polar Plunge Results...

For a few weeks I had a gadget on my blog that allowed people to go in and contribute to the Polar Plunge of Conne Terova from our Real Estate One office in Milford. This was Conne's second year of taking the plunge and she had committed to raise $1,500 in pledges, to be used for the Michigan Special Olympics charity that our office supports.

Well the results are in and Conne far exceeded her goal and was the number one fund raiser with contributions of $2,180. Congratulations Conne. Real Estate One as a company was the biggest contributor again this year, raising $18,000 out of the total of $40,000 that was raised for this cause.

Conne has already started planning for next year, but I wanted to share some of her pictures and thoughts from this year.

Dear Family, Friends, Coworkers & Neighbors~
Thank you so very much for your continued support and donations to our Detroit's 2009 Polar Plunge for Special Olympics of Michigan. The day was cloudy, windy, about 13 degrees and the snow was SERIOUSLY blowing-sideways.
This year, the event was at the Roostertail where the plunge an actual plunge into 9 feet of frigid cold icy water! YIKES! (honestly, the anxiety was mounting as the days grew nearer, considering I do not swim - It didn't help when we arrived and saw the huge truck that said "underwater diving rescue team"!).
My special thanks to my buds that provided me with lots of liquid courage. Great thanks to Brenda who went after everyone and anyone to get more donations...thanks Bren!
I was the last one to go down and the ladder's rungs were frozen when I climbed back up...and then I jumped into a hot tub! wowowowow! It was Holy-Moses Cold!!!
Anyway, with your generosity, I personally raised $2,180 in donations. My company raised a total of $18,000...with a grand total of over $40,000 raised by all the teams...all for a great charity. My thanks to everyone...and yes, I'll be doing it again next year! Hopefully, you can attend...it was great fun!

Obviously Conne is crazy, but she's also a great person who does charity work year around for the two charities that our office supports - The Special Olympics and the American Cancer Society. So get ready to give next year and support Conne's annual insanity.

No comments: