Translate

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Stepping up in tough times...

“If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it….If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” (Nora Roberts) from the Jack’s Winning Words Blog.

As always, Jack finds words to inspire or cajole one into doing something and not just sitting there in despair. Sure the market is down and it’s tough to make a living selling real estate these days, but I refuse to stay in the same place, so I’m going after the success that I want. That means new tools, new techniques, trying new things, doing things differently, doing whatever it takes, to make this job pay off.

There are still people out there buying houses. I just don’t get enough of them, so that’s something to fix.

There are still people out there selling houses. Not all of them choose me to list their home, so that’s something to work on improving.

Foreclosed houses are selling much faster than owner-occupied homes and more of them are selling that any other category. I don’t have foreclosed houses in my inventory – got to work on that.

Real estate is always a numbers game. The more houses that you have listed the better. The more buyers you are working with the better. So, I need to get my numbers up.

It’s time to step forward and really go after what I want. I know what I have to do, but I’ve been putting it off or avoiding the parts that I really don’t like to do. In this environment that is no longer possible. If I can’t do the things that I don’t like to do that are a key part of the job, then I can’t do the job and expect to be successful at it. It’s really that simple.

If I hate making cold calls, I’ve got to make the calls. If I don’t like dealing with FSBOs, then I have to call on FSBOs. If the thought of knocking on doors terrifies me, then I need to suck it up and get out in the neighborhoods.

There are too many potential sellers sitting on the sidelines just waiting for me to help them understand that they can sell their homes now. There are too many potential buyers wasting time driving around looking for homes with for sale signs when I could be showing them homes that meet their needs. There are too many FSBOs who don’t understand the value of having a Realtor represent their home and probably lots of disappointed Expireds who got discouraged with the process and need a reason to relist.

Wow, the potential is huge for those willing to make the effort and go after what they want. You’ll have to excuse me now, I have lots to do.

No comments: