Translate

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

No worries, mate...


“Worry is the darkroom where negatives are developed.” (Seen on a church sign) – from one of my favorite sources, the Jack’s Winning Words blog.

Certainly there is lots within the world of real estate that one could worry about; but, I have to agree with the comment that Jack made following the quote above - I can’t think of any positives that come from spending time worrying. Can you? ;-) Jack.

I’ll admit that I’m a bit of a worrier. I worry about whether a home that I’ve written an offer upon will pass inspection or appraise. I worry about whether or not I’ve done everything properly in the offer process and protected the best interests of my clients. And I worry whether I’ll be able to move this deal through to a successful closing.

I suppose that some worries will always come with the job, but as I’ve become more experienced, I’ve developed a better ability to recognize which things that I worry about that I have some control over and which are out of my control and just won’t respond to my worrying no matter what. I try to let those things go and stop worrying about them. How do you deal with your worries?

No comments: