Translate

Monday, January 14, 2013

Are you stuck in Turboparalysis?

This post on the Jack’s Winning Word Blog was so good I had to re-blog the whole thing.

******************************************************************************
“Sometimes it’s just easier to sit around spinning your wheels…but you never get anywhere.” (Susan Gale) I came across a new word recently…Turboparalysis! It’s defined as furious motion, without movement in any direction. It has happened with my car in a snowdrift. It can happen with us, too. We keep doing the same thing over and over with no result. Maybe we need a shove to begin moving forward. ;-) Jack
********************************************************************************

I particularly like Jack’s comments on Turboparalysis. That so accurately describes the state that Ibusy businessman get into every now and then. There are just so many things to do in real estate, each of them vying for one’s time, that it is easy to fall into the Turboparalysis trap. That tends to happen when I try to multitask and find that I’m flailing away, doing bits of many things at once and really accomplishing very little. I’m spinning my wheels. Does that ever happen to you?
I guess the solution is to slow down, take a deep breath and prioritize what needs to be done and what is reasonable to get done and then set out at the tasks at hand - one task at a time. Maybe the "shove" that Jack refers to that we all need could come from a coach or other person that you can feel obligated to report to and to be honest with.That's the basis for the whole "life coach" business, giving people those littel shoves to get them going.
No matter how you do it, just do it. Don't sit there spinning your wheels.

No comments: